Do I need my chimney lined?
When your chimney is first installed the installer must make sure that it complies with regulations to ensure it’s safe for its intended use. Chimney lining will create an unrestricted passage for hot gases and smoke to pass through the chimney, without leaking back into your home. It will also allow the chimney to extract air at a more reliable rate. So, do I need my chimney lined? Yes, you do need your chimney lined.
Why do I need my chimney lined?
You will need to make sure you have your chimney lined for many reasons, the main being safety. Newer chimney systems will also need to have chimney lining for these reasons:
- New chimneys may use a new fuel and therefore require a suitable chimney lining to ensure safety
- The flue of the chimney system may have become weaker and could leak smoke into the property or building
- Chimney lining will prevent tar seeping through and staining the walls
- On large flues, if the chimney lining isn’t done properly, it can affect the performance of appliances
- Old flue systems can erode and become defective negatively affecting the flow of gases in the system
- A chimney with an existing lining system that has not been maintained correctly may need relining, as it may have perished sooner due to the harmful acids in the smoke from the combustion fumes
- If you are having a new appliance that requires a flue to be lined to a certain size, or if the appliance is more efficient than the flue system allows for, it will need relining to ensure the appliance works correctly and is fitted in accordance to manufacturers specifications
Flue Liner Solutions are based in London and offer domestic and commercial flue liner solutions for residential, commercial and heritage properties across London, the south of England and the rest of the UK. To get a free quote and to learn more about us, contact the team today.